Between work, errands, and the mayhem of the back-to-school season, it’s almost impossible to stick to an exercise routine. And with the lingering heat of summer, most kids wind up playing video games instead of playing outside. Did you know that you can get fun, fitness, and sweet, cool air conditioning all in one place? Rainbow Roller Rink is here to save the day!
Health Benefits of Roller Skating
Skating isn’t just a fun way to pass the time. It’s an activity the whole family can enjoy that has real health benefits. How is skating good for your health?
- It burns calories. If you just couldn’t say not to those after-school cookies, it’s okay. Skating is a great way to burn calories. An average-sized adult can burn 9 or 10 calories per minute skating. That adds up fast!
- It builds muscles. Skating is a great lower body exercise, working muscles in your calves, quads, and glutes. It’s also a great way to build core strength, and depending on your form, you can even work an arm workout into your routine.
- It’s good for your heart. Roller skating strengthens your muscles, and that includes the heart! In fact, the American Heart Association lists skating as a top exercise for heart health.
- It’s low impact. Do your joints ache from running, jumping, and climbing at the gym? We have great news for you! Skating is low impact, which means it puts minimal stress on your joints. That makes it great for cross training, daily fitness, or fun family workouts.
- It’s good for mental health too. Regular exercise is shown to reduce stress and improve mood, leaving people happier, more focused, and better able to rest.
Anyone can learn to roller-skate! And if your younger kids aren’t confident on the skating floor just yet, they can bounce off that extra energy (and those after-school snacks) in the Bounce Zone. Rainbow Roller Rink is here to help your family stay healthy and have fun.