When skating, sometimes there’s no way to avoid falling, bumping, scratching, or sliding, especially if you’re a new skater. So how can you protect your toes on the rink when you fall or slide? You need toe caps on your skates!
What are toe caps?
Toe caps, also known as toe guards, go on the nose of your skates. They not only protect your toes, but your skates as well. There are many variations of them. Most of them have a large hole for your toe stop and either one large hole or two smaller holes to run your laces through.
How do you put toe caps on your roller skates?
Because there is a space for laces and a space for the toe stops to go through the toe cap, you’ll need tools to help take the toe stop off and of course you’ll need your skates. Here’s how you add toe caps to your skates:
- Remove the laces entirely and set them to the side.
- Take the toe stop off, and set the bolt and washer to the side.
- Once your laces and toe stop are off, you’re ready for toe covers.
- Place toe covers on your skates and get everything lined up.
- Then you’ll put the toe stop back on properly. The flow should be toe cover, bolt, washer, and then toe stop. That way you can hear the washer rattling if your toe stop becomes loose.
- Get your toe stop to the height you prefer and tighten the bolt.
- Then simply just lace back up your skate. There are many ways to lace your skates back up, you can choose which way looks and feels best to you.
- Once you’ve got the skate laced back up, your toe cap should be secure on the skate.
- Then repeat the process with your other skate!
We hope these tips help you preserve your toes and skates! Make sure your toes are protected next time you’re skating with us at Rainbow Rink!