Most people think of Valentine’s Day as a standard thing: you get dressed up, you go out to dinner at the same fancy restaurant as everybody else, you exchange the same fancy but meaningless trinkets as everybody else. Repeat next year. But have you considered doing something that’s actually fun?
A roller skating date might not seem like it fits for Valentine’s Day, but trust us, the benefits are overwhelming! As proof, Rainbow Roller Rink presents the official Pros and Cons of Roller Skating Date Night:
- Pro: It’s Inexpensive. Both of you can come out to skate, including skate rentals, for under $20 during our open skate hours.
- Con: You’ll have so much money leftover for gifts that your date may expect you to really deliver.
- Pro: It’s Unique. While everybody else is squashing into crowded tables at busy restaurants, you and your date will be enjoying a fun, nostalgic date that also happens to be a great way to get a little exercise.
- Con: Your date may expect this same level of creativity all the time. Whether that’s a problem depends on how creative you are!
- Pro: It’s a Good Excuse to Hold Hands.
- Con: Sorry, we can’t think of why this would be a bad thing.
So there you have it! Grab your date, put on your fanciest skate-appropriate socks, share a soda at our concession stand, and ask the DJ at Rainbow Roller Rink to play your song so you two can enjoy a couple’s skate. We can’t wait to see you for the best Valentine’s Day ever!