We may be called Rainbow Roller Rink, but did you know we also have a bouncy playground for kids and a game zone for all ages? If you enjoy challenging yourself and your friends in the game zone, check out these tips on how to get better at arcade games!
How to beat your friends at air hockey
While there’s no substitute for practice, these are some of the best ways to improve your air hockey game.
- Unless your opponent is really bad at air hockey, just blasting them with straight on shots is not going to work. Angled shots are much better, especially if you can fake them out as to which way you’re going.
- Aim for speed and power. If you’re taking three times as many shots as your opponent, your odds of getting one in are better. Plus, this is a great way to fluster a player with slower reflexes.
- Avoid holding the mallet too firmly; you want an agile grip that allows you to channel the power of your wrist and arm through your fingers. Rather than grabbing the middle knob, try placing 2-3 fingers in the groove between the center and the outside edge. This can help you get some real power behind your shots with minimal energy.
Other arcade game tips
- With shooting games like mini basketball or skee ball, don’t take too long lining up your shots. Instead, try to get in a rhythm! You might be surprised at how well you do when you loosen up and just get in a flow.
- Crane games, aka claw machines, are challenging, but if you actually manage to nab the item you’re trying for, you’ll feel incredible! However, this is often easier said than done. If you’re looking to maximize your crane game success, go for items close to the hole or at the top of a pile that may be easy to dislodge, or at least knock closer to where you need them to be.
- If your end goal is to earn tickets for redemption prizes, find the game you’re best at and stick with it while you’re in the groove. Of course, practice makes perfect, so if you’re wondering how to get better at arcade games, the key is repetition.
Whether you’re in it for the skating, the arcade games or both, visit us at Rainbow Roller Rink in Tonawanda, NY whenever you need a dose of fun!
Jarom Linton says
My kids and I love the idea of going to the arcade more and winning some prizes and tickets. We love the crane game, but sometimes it seems like we can never win anything. I’ll try to let them know that we need to grab the items that are near the drop-chute and the items that are on top of the pile.
It’s good to know that you should go for items closer to the hole to knock them closer. I’m wanting to get a claw machine to put in my restaurant since it has a 90s vibe to it. I’ll be sure to look online for a good deal for claw machines that kids will love.
Great work by you especially the one who actually loves the arcade games like me. I love to play basketball and racing games. Thank you for this informative article.